sábado, 9 de agosto de 2014

Lena Fayre at Voila!

Yesterday,  at around 9 PM, I was walking around Beverly and La Brea, LA's little Jerusalem, (yes, I will consider Pico and Robertson little Tel Aviv) and I passed by a place called Voila!. It was full of pretty well dressed people in total contrast with the orthodox surroundings. I approached Voila's door and the blond hipster at the door asked me "are you here for Lena?" - Was I ? - "Yes" I answered and I got in.
It was the launching concert of the new album of an artist called Lena Fayre. Voila! is a vintage art gallery that evolved into a furniture and lighting design space. The owner is European and you can clearly feel that reference in the vibe of the place.  The room was crowded and the walls were full of art. The music was very ten's, meaning very blend and repetitive. It could play on NPR and you wouldn't even notice. A kind of androgynous Florence And The Machine.
I got a grapefruit vodka, sat down, and listened to the concert as it was being recorded and live streamed. I thought how strange it was to be in a hipster party in the middle of a Jewish orthodox neighborhood. I took two pins from Lana and a white rose before I left and tried to walk in a vodka straight line back home. Check the Voila! Gallery next time you are in West Hollywood. It's definitely worth a visit. 



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário