domingo, 24 de agosto de 2014

Azedeh

On Friday, I went to hear Azedeh at Room 5 on La Brea. Room 5 is a small bar with a lounge on a first floor. I walked in half way through the concert and found my friend Eli Ziv in the first row hearing the music and crying. I thought "it can't be that bad" but when I sat next to Eli he whispered to me "These love songs are breaking my heart because I am remembering my girlfriend." Hearing such high praise for the music made me listen more carefully to the set. 
Azedeh is a young English girl who sings love songs with guitar and piano, no band. She follows the American performing mantra, scream till you drop and abuse the high notes, but by God does she do it well. She has complete control of the instrumental part, complete control of her voice and complete control of her audience (which was full of fans). Lyrics could also be a bit more imaginative than "I love you so, so much, I can't live without you" but, alas, her target audience eats it up just as well. - Azedeh, love,  if you are looking for someone to write lyrics for you I am available and I leave here my application. - As for me, I liked the concert, I liked Azedeh's boots and was even the first one to start singing a spontaneous happy birthday to Azedeh that was joined by the rest of the audience.
I have a feeling we will hear more of Azedeh in the future.

Loved the boots

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário