domingo, 7 de setembro de 2014

Walk

The late 18th century French author Xavier de Maistre called one of his classic masterpieces "Voyage autour de ma chambre" something along the lines of "Voyage around my room". Xavier was a poor French sod and lived in rainny18th century revolutionary France, so even if he got out of his room he would probably get his head chopped off by a guillotine. Not I. I live in sunny Los Angeles so this afternoon I went for a voyage, not in my room, but in this beautiful city. Better yet, I walked!
A "walk" is a foreign concept to angelinos since they drive everywhere. Well, their loss! It's a shame people don't walk in Los Angeles. The city has broad clean sidewalks, nice parks, and amazing architecture.
Today I walked from Hollywood to Wilshire (Miracle Mile). I walked through the La Brea tarps, went to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) and afterwards I went to my favorite LA pub Molly Malone's for a beer. There was a concert there today by an artist called Ali Handal so I enjoyed an unexpected side of Molly Malone's - live music.
On my way home through Fairfax I gave Curry Wurst a second chance. I had it before and found it overpriced. Today, with more time, I found this restaurant named after the typical working class German dish it serves, still overpriced (here it's 10 bucks but in Berlin it's 5 euros!) but its food a lot more soothing.
It was a pleasant night to walk. To be repeated.
The always pleasant LACMA.

A very dangerous monument to have in a city with seismic problems.

My favorite pub Molly Malone, the same from Dublin's fair city where the girls are so pretty.

Ali Handel is a great singer songwriter but her lyrics are about how she didn't make it in music industry which is sort of insulting to her audience. A nice lady seating behind my table told me Ali is the wife of a famous magician. Imagine if the husband started his acts going "I wish I had made it".

Second chance to Curry Wurst went well. From Berlin with love.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário