terça-feira, 23 de julho de 2013

Back to Basics

My friend Tomas Szelazek invited me to go play football (soccer for suckers) at the USC campus track. I hadn't done that in years. Last time it happened I was still living with Tomas, Tim and Jon in the same house. Now we all moved away,, they are all married and I decided to return to the USC campus and meet Tomas for the first time in years.
The campus has changed a lot, the film school I went to does not stop growing, our old pitch is now a building for the football team (the American one) and the previous food court is a parking lot. More than a University, USC is a real estate venture where buildings change as fast as the students, and where both are just numbers.
 One thing I didn't feel was nostalgia. So much water has passed under the bridge since I left that place yet the absence of real weather seasons in LA makes everything seem like it was literally yesterday.
As football is concerned it was as if I never left, the Mexican guys still don't pass the ball, the euro trash like me and Tomas still play D. I'm out of shape but not as much as I thought.
 It was good to see Tomas again. For a moment I thought I would never see him or the USC campus and it's eternal spring ever again.
Tomas showing his best side on the track.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário